The Modern Traveler
After my recent vacation to beautiful Michigan, I realized my travel routines needed an update. If you are a frequent traveler or if you have traveled since Covid, you might already know about some of these improvements.
Travel Modernization Check List
My favorite update is to download the airline, cruise line, or train app. of the transportation company you are traveling with. I traveled with United Airlines on my most recent trip and I used their app. I loved it, it was so easy. I didn't have to get online, check-in, and print out my ticket the night before. I received a text message, telling me it was time to check-in, the day before traveling. I opened the app and checked in. I had my boarding pass and everything I needed right there in the app. I didn't need to dig through my bag, at the security checkpoint, and stuff a bunch of papers back into my purse. When it was time to board, they simply scanned my boarding pass in the app, at the gate. You can also use the app to check your bags and get info, as to what size bags are allowed as carry-on.
The best part about it, I also received a text message when I landed, letting me know the status of my luggage and any gate changes and flight updates. The app is a brilliant improvement!
2. Use a travel packing cube in your carry-on, to contain everything you will need to remove from your carry-on's and put through the security scanner. It prevents the mess and delay of disorganizing your bag when you take things out and put them back in place. Simply remove the cube that contains all your items that must be scanned, take off your shoes and you are on your way!
3. Bring a cell phone charger with you to your seat on the plane, the armrests are your charging station!
4. Download and sign up for Uber and Lyft before traveling, you might need transportation to and from a hotel or restaurant, and that's not the time to be trying to figure out how to set up an account.
5. Make sure your driver’s license and passport are up to date.
6. Bring noise-canceling headphones, so you can rest peacefully in noisy environments.
7. Make an airport to-do list if you have any layovers. You will be amazed at what you can get accomplished in between flights. Keep the items necessary for accomplishing your tasks, in an easy-to-access place in your carry-on.
8. Pre-plan your movies and audiobooks, so they are ready to play on your device.
9. If they are still requiring masks, make sure to have clean masks with you.
Enjoy, explore, have fun, stay healthy!